Lifting regional voices at the Assembly
Regional pre-Assemblies are integral to LWF Assemblies. As gatherings of Lutheran representatives by region, regional pre-Assemblies are practical tools to prepare delegates for the Assembly, to enhance understanding of issues and concerns of member churches and to nominate candidates for the Council. In addition, they help delegates address critical issues and ensure constructive dialogue.
Pre-Assemblies play an important role in helping the Assembly to achieve its objectives. Each shares the following outcomes for the Assembly:
- an increased sense of belonging
- strengthened Lutheran identity and ecumenical commitment
- increased visibility and awareness of diaconal work
- more concrete and measurable outcomes for advocacy and for work on peace and justice
- a clear mandate with regards to the strategic framework